Monday, February 5, 2018

But Where are the Birches?

For the sake of getting back to blogging, I'm going to try to start posting every day. Let's see what happens.

Should I start writing book reviews? Or perhaps I will do more of a brief feature, just a peek into part of our collection. Here's the next book on my nightstand, along with a couple volumes of philosophy and Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood.



Our Fair Flagellants was included in a lot of twenty vintage erotica novels Mr. W purchased, most of which turned out to have been published in 1967. This particular novel, however, was published in 1972 in the US, though it refers to having been originally published in France. I then learned via Book Tryst  that it is in fact a translation of Nos Belle Flagellantes, published in 1907.

Click photo to expand

Melanie, the narrator, is both flagellant and flagellator. We see her explore F/f, M/f, and F/m scenarios. I have only flipped through the book so far, but it does appear to flow from scene to scene, with little nonsense in between. Ah, the good old days of erotic writing.

I opened to a random page and found this to be delightfully representative of what I have seen inside. I did use one of those philosophy titles from my nightstand to hold the book open for the photo. I couldn't resist being a little tongue in cheek.

Click photo to expand

SPOILER ALERT: In the following pages, ALL the nuns end up stripping for whippings. Go figure.

Providing I do end up writing daily, I'll let you know my final thoughts on the book. This turned out to be an entertaining exercise and I think if nothing else, I will feature other titles from our bookshelves soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me. Say hi, share thoughts, opinions, or just your info - I'm happy to add your spanking blog to my blogroll.