Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Rosario Gets a Licking

Rosario looking very ready for her punishment.

Rosario Dawson's Wet Punishment. Believe me, it's not what you think it is or want it to be. Nonetheless, this was the headline attached to an ABC (American Broadcasting Network) News Video I viewed recently. The strangest part of this, however, is that the actual subject of the video is more bizarre than what any of us would have pictured. The subtitle once the video pulls up is: "Ick! The actress says her mom used to lick her as punishment."

Her mom used to lick her? That's peculiar in any sense, nevermind as punishment. Apparently, her mother would lick either Rosario's face or her armpit and would do this in public. Rosario notes, "It was humiliating." There are so many elements of a fetish story here - licking, punishment, humiliation - but the fact that it fails to be a fetish story seems to confuse even the news anchor, who notes in regard to Mama Dawson, "She wouldn't spank her, but she'd lick that armpit."

That's right, Mr. News Anchor. I think we can all agree that we hoped the wet punishment would be something wetter, more humiliating, and, if nothing else, at least more painful. This certainly brings new meaning to the heretofore titillating phrase, "She received a licking like she'd never received before." Because it was in her armpit.

This topic alone would have been enough to merit a blog post. Not only is it obvious that we were meant to envisage a particular scenario more akin to our concept of punishment, but also the news anchor himself so lamented the dearth of spanking in the report that he had to bring it up himself! He may as well have just said, "Well, folks, if you weren't already picturing Rosario's bare caramel bottom upturned and blushing, her bare skin slick and shining, wet and well-punished, here, let me just toss these two little words at you to get you going. Spank her. Spank her. Spank her."

The thing that gets me, the thing that makes me wonder just what is going on over at Disney-owned ABC, is that, as Natty of Natty's Spanking Blog writes in her post "Not as perverted as it used to be," ABC reported on February 11th that kinky sex is on the rise. And ABC seems to be just fine with that.

Who would have thought that the juggernaut leading us into a spanko-friendly twenty-first century would be a broadcasting company owned by Disney? I can only imagine what might come next. Miley Cyrus punished for the misdeeds of her rock star alter ego, Hannah Montana? Or, coming soon, "Private Catholic High School: The Musical?" (Get the unrated DVD for extended punishment and dance scenes!) Ah, the slippery slope of public kink acceptance. Still, I can't imagine that slope is as slippery as Rosario after a licking.
Good Rosario / Bad Rosario

6 comments:

  1. I would love to lick Rosario's fanny: lick it in the US sense of spanking her bottom; and in the English sense. By the way, the ABC item makes reference to a biopic of Xavier Hollander a.k.a. The Happy Hooker. I had the good fortune to meet Ms Hollander back in early 1980s. I asked her for a kiss, and she replied:

    ' Are you OK kissing a mouth that has sucked a thousand cocks?'

    I was; and I spanked her bottom too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, if you licked someone's armpit for punishment, aren't you really just punishing yourself? "Believe me, this'll gross me out way more than it will you..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I remember reading the spanking bits in Hollander's two books.

    Over and over and ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby,

    My first response was EWWWWW. For a mother to do that to a child is definitely weird and humiliating, if not downright sexually abusive!

    Why sexually abusive? I recall reading the book Her by Anonymous, in which he describes the "grainy deodorant taste of her armpit." It seemed quite desirable to him, and acceptable to her, in an erotic context.(A lot of things are!)

    This woman seems like another "Mommie Dearest."

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good lord! That was disturbing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jim - Good story! I love hearing about odd but sexy little encounters like that. Lucky you, and I'm sure Hollander was lucky to have had the experience with you, too!

    Graham - *lol* That pretty much sums it up, doesn't it? Ewww.

    Hermione - On one hand, I completely agree with you. The fact that for me, spanking is a form of sex is one of the many reasons I am against using it as an actual form of childhood discipline. So knowing that at least one person finds armpits sexy can color this whole story.

    On the other hand, I have to doubt the actual verity of this story based on the fact that Rosario is both an actress and a friend of the crass and wonderfully ridiculous writer/director Kevin Smith. I think everyone in his circle is at times known for taking a joke too far, and I wouldn't be surprised if this was such an occasion. Even if she was serious, my guess is that the story was for comedy and shock value. Haven't all our moms done something really weird at one time or another? I'm hesitant to make the jump from armpits to wire coat hangers.

    And yes, the spanking bits! In "The Happy Hooker" and every other book where I wasn't expecting to find them, again and again and... *grin*

    Richard - Yup! (Presuming you mean the armpits and not my post, overall.)

    xo,
    Abby

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me. Say hi, share thoughts, opinions, or just your info - I'm happy to add your spanking blog to my blogroll.