Friday, January 22, 2010

The Future Looks Grimm for Fairy Tale Princesses (and their bottoms, of course)

Cool concept art from Terry Gilliam's 2005 film The Brothers Grimm.
Artwork found here.


After promising myself I would write 1000 words by midnight Saturday, I found myself in a conundrum. Work on a previous project? Write something new? I always have countless ideas running around my head, jotted on scraps of paper and tucked into my purse, or outlined in a notebook, but nothing jumped out at me as "Here are your thousand words!"

Then yesterday morning while showering, I came up with a project that would help me both in my immediate plan to write and in my longer term plan of writing a collection of erotic fairy tale retellings with liberal additions of spanking scenes. Using a random number generator, I would plug in the first and last page numbers of my Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales and rewrite whatever story appeared on the page determined by the number generator.

I tried it out and the resulting page number was 480. The story on page 480 is actually three separate stories and the collection is called "Tales of the Paddock." So... ok. After some quick research to determine that a paddock, in this case, is a snake , I was still left with three stories about very small children and snakes. The text can be read here. I had my work cut out for me.

I started writing some notes down: the three stories would have to be consolidated, there could only be one girl and she'd have to be aged a great deal, the snake would be...

...And then I had it. Six notebook pages later, the story was laid out in full, and as of this moment, it's about 80% written. I'll be finishing and posting it this weekend. For now, here's a teaser from "The Snake's Tail."

*****

Tears formed in the princess's eyes, but the queen was unmoved after nineteen years of coddling the slatternly ingrate. "You will be punished, and you will be married to the first suitor who will take you."

The princess had not yet comprehended that she was to be married. "Punished?" She had never received so much as a swat on the back of her hand or been sent to bed without supper.

"Punished, and so severely that it will be in secret. No man will want you if he knows you've misbehaved to such a degree that you had to be bound in your chamber and whipped until you saw the sense of giving up your whoring ways in exchange for marriage."

"But Mother," wept the princess, "I've done nothing wrong."

"You have tonight to realize that yes, you have. You are to wait in your chamber until we come to you tomorrow morning." She nodded at the guard. "He will administer your beating, but I will be commanding the number of lashes and their severity. I fear we have waited far too long to provide you with the discipline you so clearly needed. Your hide, my ungrateful daughter, will make up for lost time."

The princess sobbed as the queen dragged her by the elbow to her bedchamber. She collapsed on her bed and barely heard the click of the lock as her mother left her to consider what she did not understand she'd done. She cried because her little golden crown had bent when it hit the floor. She cried because her little green snake would not know where she was in the morning. Mostly, though, she cried because she was terrified. She fell asleep still weeping, the bent little crown clutched in both her hands.

3 comments:

  1. So nice to have you back, Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Indy! :-) I can't believe I've been absent in one way or another for so long that I missed you having your own blog! Geez. Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do! Getting you added to my blogroll this morning!!!

    xo
    Abby

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me. Say hi, share thoughts, opinions, or just your info - I'm happy to add your spanking blog to my blogroll.